Email me this job
BBTV is looking for an Intern Data Analyst to join our Data Strategy Team. As the third largest video property on the planet, we need talented people to help us interpret our data and gain a better understanding of our analytics. In this role, you will leverage data and communicate your findings to help us make smarter data-driven business decisions.
Ideal Start Date: November 1, 2018
Length of Internship: 8 months
- Develop a clear understanding of key data sources in the digital video space through collaboration and personal research
- Write SQL queries to analyze data, generate insights & produce reports
- Work with spreadsheets to analyze, cross-reference & validate data
- Generate ad-hoc reports to assist managers in with decision making
- Provide regular recurring reports to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues & stakeholders to define reporting requirements and implement reports
- Proactively analyze data sources to identify company and industry trends
- Assist data scientists with collection and validation of large amounts of data
- Completing or recently completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields of study
- Proficiency with writing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Experience using DBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or MSSQL.
- Proficiency in combining multiple sources, data manipulation & reporting in Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets
- Rigorous attention to detail and diligent in validating data
- Positive, optimistic can-do attitude and drive to succeed
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
Experience or interest in the following areas is also an asset:
- Business Intelligence tools
- Modern Data Warehouses such as Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, or Snowflake
- Big Data concepts such as Data Lakes, ETL/ELT, pipelines, etc.
- Programming/scripting languages such as Python, Node.js or PHP
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
Our state-of-the-art open concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play. From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we're not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the third largest video property on the planet (behind only Google and Facebook), and have built digital networks alongside the likes of the NBA and The Huffington Post. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let's talk!
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.