Email me this job
Do you want to work at a company that provides autonomy, ownership of interesting and challenging problems, and the ability to work on different things every day? Do you want to be surrounded by exceedingly smart and supportive co-workers who encourage each other to do better every day? Do you want to work at a company that is humbly Canadian — but damn proud of it? If this sounds like you, read on.
Clio is changing the legal industry, for good. We are one of the fastest-growing technology startups in Canada. We provide a world leading cloud-based practice management solution for lawyers, making their lives simpler and helping them build a better practice.
We are currently seeking a Back-end Developer to join our Product team. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. You would have a major impact on our back-end architecture as we are taking our large monolithic Rails app and modularizing it. You’d be working on a product used by tens of thousands of lawyers and ensuring they get organized and focused on their practice.
- Designing, building, deploying, and supporting large-scale applications on the server side
- Ability to write clean code
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience and interest in web application security
- Experience and interest in performance, load, and scalability issues
Nice if you had:
- Experience with Rails and Ruby on Rails
- Experience scaling from thousands of users to hundreds of thousands of users
- Awareness of the latest security issues and technologies
Being a Clion:
- You are curious and are always striving to improve yourself
- You have a desire to learn
- You are a rational and critical thinker
- You seek solutions when you find problems
- You lead through your example
- You are a humble team player
Why would you want to work here?
We offer a great compensation package, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We’re funded by BVP, which funded companies like Pinterest and LinkedIn. Need more reasons? Clio loves and takes care of our Clions. We are proud of a collaborative culture and encourage a learning mindset. We have established career paths for our developers and many opportunities to grow and learn. We believe in creating a strong tech community — we host Girls Learning Code, sponsor Rails meetup groups, and more. For our employees, we provide monthly mixers, unlimited snacks and weekly lunch, and strive to offer work-life balance.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
Posted: May 8, 2018