Email me this job
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a dynamic, multi-talented Game Designer to join our team and enhance our live games and future projects. You (yes, you!) hold a strong understanding of F2P mobile game design and are an expert in creating engaging, detailed and balanced games. You love to see a project through from start to finish and thrive off of working with a versatile team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Drive feature selection, definition and tuning to increase user growth and retention.
- Lead the design post-mortems on your project i.e. game themes, sprints, etc. as identified by your Producer.
- Create engaging and innovative gameplay features based on social or mobile changes, trends and/or new technologies.
- Prototype game ideas (quick wins, long-term goals, etc.) on paper, whiteboards, or in software format.
- Work with the Senior Game design and/or Producer on design, test and support documentation.
- Playtest our games daily to ensure the games are fun, balanced and bug-free.
- Review and analyze other social and mobile games and report your feedback/findings.
- Track and update your assigned tasks/hours daily in our project management software.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Experience designing mobile systems, F2P features, and mechanic design.
- Applied knowledge of F2P trends and best practices.
- Passionate about playing, analyzing and reviewing mobile F2P games.
- Strong acumen of game data analysis and evaluation experience.
- Ability to provide creative solutions aligned with business goals.
- Ability to communicate project updates, learnings and findings to the team or entire studio.