Email me this job
Flipp is a retail technology company that is reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bill.
We have over 400 team members who work together in a high-trust environment to solve the most difficult challenges in our industry. Together, we build the Flipp app, the Flipp web platform, an extensive distribution network, and a leading insights & analytics powerhouse among other innovative projects.
Our culture is at the center of everything we do. We’re honored to have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Mobile is quickly becoming the preferred means to do your weekly shopping, as it uniquely enables our consumers to save time and money and focus on more important things like spending quality time with their family. Flipp is seeking an Android developer who shares in our vision to change the way that consumers shopper on a week to week basis.
- You’ll be a valuable member of the Flipp team working on our Top Ranked App! This isn’t an average role where you might be only be responsible for one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll be able to make an huge impact from concept to release.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is a creative problem solver, that is highly resourceful in getting things done, and works well individually and collaboratively as a team. This person would also take on the following responsibilities:
- As Flipp continues to grow and add millions of new users; the team will be looking to you to ensure that we continue to develop new innovative features on the Android platform while maintaining the high level of quality that Flipp users have come to expect and love about our app.
- The Mobile team at Flipp is critical to the success of the organization and our retail partners and you will be responsible for maintaining a high performance UX, emphasizing components likes speed and fluidity.
- At Flipp we are a tight knit group that places great emphasis on collaboration & teamwork , you will responsible for taking ownership and participating in team design discussions to help make the right choices from a product and technical perspective.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred), or strong software development background
- 3+ Years of solid professional programming experience with either Java,Corona, or LUA
- Strong knowledge of the Android platform including Android Software Development Kit (SDK) or Android Native Development Kit (NDK)
- A keen sense of what makes a good user experience.
- Track record of developing and launching Apps on the Play Store, and working to iterate and improve them.
- Flipp is an organization that is focused on results and we are looking for someone who knows how to get the job done regardless of circumstance.
- Flipp has always been an organization that has never been happy with the status quo and we are looking for someone that will always look for ways to make us better in any way possible.
Flipp Corporation is an award winning technology company (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Best Workplaces in Canada award and also being awarded the 2015 Deloitte's Best Managed Companies) that is reinventing the weekly shopping experience. Our digital flyer platform is used by the leading retailers across North America, including Walmart and Target. Our mobile app, Flipp, has already captured the hearts of Canadians and Americans alike, with millions of downloads and the honour of being named the #1 retail flyer app in Canada. Flipp’s culture is an integral part of what has driven the company’s success. We abide by key principles that promote the growth of others and create a high-trust environment.
Learn more about our team culture here: https://corp.flipp.com/culture.
Flipp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.