Email me this job
Technical Lead (Agile Custom Software & Consulting)
As Technical Lead, you will work closely with clients to understand their business challenges and define solutions, direction, and technical project scope. You will lead a project team, facilitate architecture and technology decisions and deliver stories (hands-on coding). You will provide strategic and hands-on leadership on engagements ranging from proof-of-concept prototypes to bulletproof, long living, high volume production applications.
Intelliware has an exceptional 25+ year delivery track record, deep technical expertise and disciplined delivery and technical engineering practices. The way we build software is strongly influenced by the values of Extreme Programming: feedback, respect, courage, communication and simplicity. You’ll find continuous opportunities to learn, share knowledge and teach within your team and within the developer community at Intelliware via monthly educational sessions, study groups and hands-on R&D initiatives.
While working within a team in an Agile environment, you will be:
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for the development team
- Facilitating design/architecture discussions
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Contributing clear and maintainable code to a shared codebase
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation
- Investigating, learning and applying new technologies and processes
- Clarifying requirements with team and client representatives
- Communicating with senior management and clients specifically related to project scope and technical soundness of solutions
- Developing and presenting technical assessments and architectural/product roadmaps
- Coaching team members to help develop their technical and leadership skills
‘Must Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Proven software development leadership experience
- Proven experience designing and developing complex applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Attention to well-crafted software
- Ability to interact effectively with clients to define user requirements and application architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent education/experience)
‘Nice to Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development e.g. automated testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
- Health Informatics or Financial Services domain
- Relational and/or noSQL databases, SQL queries and object relational mapping tools
- Distributed computing and platform as a service
- UNIX, Linux and W3C technologies including HTTP and XML
- Education/Background in a creative or non-technical discipline
- Masters Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
Intelliware is committed to diversity in the workplace. We are an inclusive employer and welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Applicants’ needs will be accommodated during our recruitment and selection process so please advise us if you require accommodation.