The Apps and Developer Relations team brings the most exciting new technology and tools through Apps to our merchants across the world. We are looking for someone with experience in and passion for building engaged developer communities to create the vision and strategy for the future of the Shopify developer program. The growth of Shopify as a platform is directly linked to its developer community growth - come and build the future of commerce with us.
You'll need to have:
- Passion towards helping developers build and create new experiences for people
- Worked in the developer relations/developer community building field for either a SaaS company with open APIs or and API/developer tool company for 6-8 years
- The ability to thrive in an environment where experimentation is encouraged and are confident in creating, executing and championing those experiments
- An understanding of how to strategically build programs, activities and teams and that drive engagement and adoption from the developer community
- Excitement towards being both be in the front lines; at events, speaking at conferences etc. and behind the scenes helping to make decisions about marketing, growth initiatives and sponsorship opportunities.
It'd be great if you also have experience with:
- Programming and development
- Working with technical developer communities and have shown competency/understanding of APIs and SDKs
You'll be working on things like:
- Creating online and offline marketing, events and content plan to attract new developers to the Shopify platform and to solidify loyalty from current developers
- Determining Shopify's involvement in developer and startup events that will achieve goals
- Create/curate content for Shopify Developer/Partner blogs and social media channels as well as seek out other potential platforms to host or cross publish content
- Producing content, building tutorials, videos and other developer facing tools and resources
- Collaborating with developer communities to drive community authored content and engagement online
- Determining, building and scaling offline community driven activities (ex. meetups, ambassador programs)
- Identifying team member presence at local, national and international events
- Determining ROI on online and offline marketing activities to measure success and help in overall decision making
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Atlee Clark, and if you really want to stand out, sign up for a free trial of Shopify and build a store. Share the link with us so we can take a look!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.Posted: Jan 23, 2016