Software Development Manager
Vena has enjoyed rapid-fire growth over the past year and we’re looking for an experienced, motivated individual to join our management team as we push for even greater heights this year.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for coaching a talented team of software engineers, working within a forward-thinking and agile environment. This role is critical to coordinating product delivery and ensuring a high level of employee engagement.
Our culture encourages our engineers to be self motivated and self directed; as the Development Manager, you will help foster this work environment. We value passion and encourage those who take ownership to make their mark on the product. Our technology evolves through continuous innovation and we are always on the lookout for emerging technologies, regardless of language or platform, allowing us to improve our products, development tools, and infrastructure.
What you will do
- Collaborate closely with teams to define and deliver strategic goals
- Resolve problems that affect how businesses make sense of their data
- Liaison with other teams, such as Customer Support, Customer Success, Product Management, and Professional Services
- Drive the development of product roadmaps, guiding teams to embrace the highest of standards in all facets of their role including, but not limited to, code quality and effective delivery
- Champion a test driven development culture
- Lead by example, seeking for continuous improvement in your own role as well as delivery processes and methodologies
- Guide, mentor, and provide management support to the Product team
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 10+ years of development and/or team management experience
- Demonstrated ability to pinpoint and mitigate risks in software development lifecycle
- You have a proven track record of software project management, including support of product roadmaps and improvement of delivery processes
- Post-secondary education in an I.T related field is preferred (i.e Business Technology, Computer Science)
- You are a experienced and skilled facilitator, with experience in change management
- Prior experience in a lean/agile software development environment is preferred
What we use
We are continuously revisiting the following stack to improve our product’s performance and usability:
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine that makes use of Jetty, Google Guice, and Dropwizard
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, CassandraDB
- Supporting micro-services written in GoLang
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ
- And much more