Wattpad is a mobile social app that connects people all over the world with stories that matter to them. It enhances the storytelling experience, and makes it possible for people to be captivated by something they love. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Every month, 45 million people spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to create and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else.
As as Product Manager (PM) at Wattpad, you will join our product management team, you will be a steward of product success - identifying and isolating opportunities across our product, and then working to find and deliver solutions in close concert with the design, development, community, marketing and business teams.
Come write your next chapter with us!
What you will be doing:
- Lead a cross-functional team, including design, engineering, community and marketing, by validating ideas and conducting experiments towards our strategic objectives and goals
- Evangelize and clearly communicate the product vision to everyone on the team
- Develop and own the product strategy for a specific product area
- Clearly define and prioritize user problems - always making sure we’re working on the right things at the right time
- Facilitate a strong product discovery process through constant testing and prototyping, along with design. Represent the needs of the user and validate solutions rapidly and inexpensively that solve the right problems
- Work closely with product design and engineering to better define, implement and iterate on solutions together
- Constantly hone your instincts by being proactive in learning about our community with the help of the people, data and insights at our disposal
- Lead with influence by building strong relationships across the company in data, business, marketing and community teams to help solve problems together
What we're looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Business or UX Design
- At least 3 years experience in a product management role and 5-8 years working in a business / tech environment
- An understanding of the complexity of a large scale distributed system that supports millions of users everyday
- Data driven, brings an analytical skillset
- Experience working with product designers and engineers on a team that has shipped multiple software milestones to users
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, with experience managing a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to break down a complex problem into manageable tasks and prioritize them
- Have strong product instincts about getting from a user pain point to an underlying user problem
- A thirst to validate assumptions with data, insight and peer discourse to inform yourself better
- A user/customer advocate who has experience with product/customer discovery and an understanding of what makes a good user experience
- Experience with mobile and web technology
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- A transit pass and flexible hours, so you can get to and from work according to your schedule
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!