Shopify’s Security Team safeguards the trust that our merchants have in us. This means protecting the information we collect and being conscientious about how we use it. This can be challenging when you process millions of transactions a year for hundreds of thousands of merchants all over the world.
We are looking for someone to lead the team building scalable systems that continue to safeguard that trust. If you are someone who enjoys gaining a deep understanding of both technical and regulatory systems and finding creative solutions that work for both then consider joining us in making commerce better.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience leading multidisciplinary teams preferably as part of a compliance and risk-mitigation regime
- Experience assessing and defining system specifications in relation to compliance with international privacy regulations
- Ability to craft compelling messages and be a strong advocate for proper data management systems at Shopify
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience defining best practices in a fast-moving technical organization
- Experience managing risk in cloud-based platforms or services
- Experience working with external auditors, regulators, and third parties interested in data management
You’ll be working on:
- Managing a team of technical people who are improving the privacy safety nets that are used at Shopify to keep us moving quickly
- Liaising with multidisciplinary teams and balancing their projects’ needs with privacy-conscious results
- Leading the effort at the organizational level to educate developers, support, and other staff about privacy rules and best practices
- Reviewing projects for potential privacy issues so that can be addressed at an early stage
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Chris Donaldson.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.Posted: May 21, 2016