Wattpad is a mobile social app that connects people all over the world with stories that matter to them. It enhances the storytelling experience, and makes it possible for people to be captivated by something they love. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Every month, 45 million people spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to create and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else.
We're looking for a Product Designer (UX/UI) to join our growing product design team. You’ll be working in a team with other product designers, user researchers, product managers, and developers. You will be working in an environment where we craft our products around a design thesis that captures why people use our product, and an attitude of constant learning, experimenting and analysis. As a Product Designer (UX/UI), you’ll be applying user centered design principles to create amazing product experiences for our web and mobile apps.
What you will be doing:
- Drive new product and feature development from start to finish
- Define interaction models and design user flows, scenarios, mocks, prototypes and UI specifications for both web and mobile products
- Define and evolve product guidelines while collaborating with other designers to ensure design consistency across the product
- Drive decisions by providing design direction, tracking issues, and assisting in estimating resource needs on a per-project basis
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design to internal and external teams
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to effectively drive implementation of high quality experiences that delight our millions of users
- Mentor members of the design team to share knowledge, skills, and best practices
What we’re looking for:
- A designer with a minimum of 3 years experience designing web and mobile products, preferably with fast growing tech companies
- Strong portfolio showcasing user-centered design solutions of products you have shipped
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills with ability to tell compelling stories about your work.
- Strong team player with ability to lead a project team - prioritize, communicate process, and ensure on-time delivery
- Passion for solving real user and and business problems, with careful attention to interaction design details
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Framer, and other design tools
- Understanding of web/mobile technologies and their capabilities and limitations; coding skills would be a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Transit pass, choice of technology, flexible hours
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!