About the Role
The Practice Manager role primarily makes up the management tier within Professional Services. The Practice Manager directly leads a team of consultants and ensures successful project delivery of the Vena product. Practice Managers at Vena typically have between 8 and 12 years of relevant experience.
Individuals may be interested in this position based on one or more of these factors:
- You’re passionate about enabling customers with software: Whether you’re working with a prospect to sell the Vena value proposition or whether you’re supervising a project and mitigating against risk, you’re always providing excellent service to the customer and guiding them down the path to success
- You love leading people: You constantly seek to nurture and grow your immediate team, always challenging them and pushing them out of their comfort zone while still putting them in situations where they can succeed
- You love to incite positive change around you: When you see things that can be improved around you, you understand the big picture, you take initiative, you connect with people, you put your plan to action, and you have the drive and willpower to see your vision for improvement all the way to the end
What you will do
- Own a portfolio of customers in the Corporate Performance Management realm, managing resources, mitigating risk, and tracking project activities to deliver client solutions that are on time, on budget, and meet the customers’ success criteria
- Manage a team of 5-8 knowledge workers with multiple responsibilities: 1-on-1 guidance, performance evaluations, schedule management and driving high utilization, managing team meetings, and administrative
- Work with prospective clients during the sales cycle by estimating project costs and educating the prospect on the path ahead
- Expand the footprint of Vena at each customer, either going into more depth with existing processes or expanding into new departments and processes altogether
- Be accountable for the financial management and administration of all owned projects, ensuring change orders are created and contracted and that budget guidelines are being met
- On occasion, actively participate in direct project activities including: on-site JAD sessions, project status calls, and project resource planning and scheduling
Does this sound like you?
- Two or more (2+) years’ experience in a management position within the Software industry
- Customer service minded and possess superior client interaction skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization including C-Level leaders and to gather and understand customer requirements, leveraging a consultative approach.
- Advanced knowledge of financial processes and applications such as budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidations, month-end close processes, and general reporting.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Financial designation (CPA, CFA), MBA, or Project Management (PMP).
- Exposure to the sales process in the software space and ability to effectively liaise between sales and technical personnel.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create complex formulas, macros, and sophisticated formatting.
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP building concepts including Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services or similar multidimensional database products.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with building relational databases, specifically SQL, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures.