Senior Software Architect
Adacado is an industry leader in real time creative (RTC) display advertising. Adacado’s software platform enables advertisers to serve display ads that are personalized to individual viewers in real time. The programmatic ad tech industry continues to grow and Adacado’s real-time creative is at the forefront of its evolution. Based in Vancouver with a presence in New York and Brussels, Adacado works with established advertisers and digital ad agencies around the world, and has experienced strong revenue growth over the last 3 years.
Adacado is located in the heart of Vancouver with easy access to public transit and offers competitive compensation, three weeks’ vacation, a flexible low-pressure work environment with generous telecommuting privileges, and a casual dress code. All dev team members are provided with dual-monitor stations or laptops, and the freedom to use whichever development tools they are most comfortable with. Lunch is served hot every Friday, snacks are plentiful, and we engage frequently in events beyond work.
The Position & Responsibilities
Adacado is seeking a Senior Software Architect with strong development experience and strong practical experience in designing and building high performing, high volume, scalable distributed systems. You’ll provide technical direction for and work closely with the development team to build out Adacado application components and overall system architecture, and maintain these systems throughout the development life cycle. As Adacado is quite diverse in its functions, the successful candidate will always have the opportunity to (and are expected to) learn and play with cutting-edge technologies, and to bring innovation to the table, evolving, enhancing and optimizing the Adacado platform over time. The successful candidate must also have the ability to diagnose problems across the entire software and hardware stack.
Adacado is not expecting you to arrive with everything you need to know. We work in a highly collaborative environment where we’ll educate you on the technologies we’ve adopted while you help to further innovate Adacado, be it software, procedures, or fun! In return you will educate and mentor other developers to bring the team to a level we can all be proud of.
The Ideal Candidate and Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (computer science or engineering preferred) or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in system architecture and application design, development, testing, and maintenance
- Deep experience designing and implementing containerized enterprise-level N-tier scalable distributed systems
- Experience with relational database design and optimization (MariaDB)
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to translate requirements into a technical design, but within the constraints of the current platform or legacy systems
- Experience with Linux command line programs and shell scripts
- Adacado welcomes all skillsets but special consideration will be given to candidates with exceptional experience with any of the following: Kubernetes, Golang, Maven, Java, Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ, Akka, NodeJS, Python, Hibernate, Spring, Aerospike, Apache Spark, Docker, Big Query, AWS
- Experience with Big Data related technologies and Business Intelligence solutions
Posted: May 15, 2017