At Finning Digital, we’re connecting CAT customers, equipment and data to create new value, both for Finning and for our customers – and revolutionizing an industry.
This is your opportunity to make a unique and measurable impact on a transforming business.
We are grounded in the strength and legacy of Finning – and incubating a new and entrepreneurial business. You will be part of the start-up leadership team shaping the opportunity and executing together.
If you crave the excitement of breaking new ground and growing a business, while appreciating the strength of a solid foundation and brand, you’ll fit right in.
Finning is the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We’re proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers’ businesses and drive our economies.
We’re also innovators, and in Finning Digital we see a powerful opportunity. The business case is clear. Digital technologies, data and analytics can be harnessed to bring new solutions to the heavy equipment business – a sector where we see the perfect combination of large investments in equipment with limited introduction and adoption of technologies that can drive significant additional ROI.
This is where you come in. As the Solution Architect, you will be a key technical lead in our implementation of global marketing platforms, ecommerce solutions, and authenticated portal services. This is not an ivory tower Archtiect, you will need to roll up your sleeves and get hands on as needed, to understand the code base, potentially want to build POCs, set coding standards, and do accurate estimates. This is a chance to think at enterprise scale but act with startup passion.
You will work with stakeholders, venders, creatives and partners to build the technical strategy, mitigate risk and evaluate new technologies and solutions. You will balance the needs of multiple competing priorities and ensure we think big and plan for future changes and growth.
What you’ll do:
• You convert requirements (functional and non-functional) into a solution architecture design for customer solutions, digital platforms and integrations
• Developing digital services and solutions that deliver customer value and transform online services for the heavy equipment industry
• Participating as a member of the project team, you will support the technical team with decision making, trade-offs and technical /architectural evaluations and recommendations/decisions
• Engaging with the Finning International Architects to ensure alignment on Enterprise Strategy, Direction, Standards and Policies
• Experience using sketches, workflows, wireframes and functional specifications to communicate requirements
• You will lead the creation of the end to end Solution Architecture and Design and related deliverables, completeness of solution designs as well as quality factors
• Facilitate and liaise with related teams, venders and partners providing technical and architectural perspective
• You will work with existing documentation and with delivery and operations teams to discover and document the current state to facilitate gap analysis with required future state
• You will identify risks, develop contingencies and mitigations for all technical risks
• You will be working with internal groups, and external vendors and partners to create a holistic solution architecture which will guide each of the work-streams’ technical and functional designs.
• The expected outcome of your work will be a fully integrated platform that combines the work products of each work stream.
• Evaluate, select and propose new technologies, frameworks, tools and processes
• Evangelize new development practices and ideas
Who you are:
• You have 10+ years of development and architecture experience ideally in a mix of tradiational entperise environments as well as startup cultures.
• You have expertise in the design and development of highly available, customer facing web solutions
• You are customer obsessed, and data driven with strong analytic skills
• Have the experience to develop and balance long term architecture strategy and develop short term tactics
• Highly skilled in multiple languages and technologies, you see yourself as a true polyglot
• Backend integration experience with multiple systems
• You have the ability to grasp technical challenges without losing site of the business goals and big picture
• You’re active in the tech community, participating at events and meetups
• Experience with using Agile/ Scrum methodologies yet pragmatic
Posted: Jun 16, 2017