Software (SW) Delivery Lead
At Finning, we’re revolutionizing the heavy equipment industry through delivering innovative new technology solutions which improve productivity and lower operating costs for both our customers and for Finning. The SW Delivery Lead is your opportunity to make a unique and measurable impact on a transformative business through building industry changing solutions for Performance Solutions and B2B Commerce powered by extensive data analytics combining transactional business data with machine data and contextual event data from our customer’s worksites.
Finning is the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We’re proud of our legacy of providing products and services that fuel our customers’ businesses and drive the Western Canadian economy.
Digital technologies, data and analytics are now being actively harnessed to bring new technology solutions to the heavy equipment business – but too slowly. To realize this once-in-a-generation opportunity, Finning is making substantial investments to accelerate the adoption and development of technologies which will drive significant additional ROI for our customers’ heavy equipment fleets.
This is where you come in. As Software (SW) Delivery Lead, you are responsible for SW releases and deliveries at Finning Digital. This includes internal development as well as vendor and subcontractor deliveries.
You’ll be responsible for project, release and resource planning, project set-up and alignment as well as managing release processes and criteria.
What You’ll Do:
· You manage the overall SW planning, development and delivery process serving Performance Solutions areas and other projects that may arise in other areas within Digital
· You collaborate closely with SW Architects, Product Managers and SW Developers and other internal stakeholders in defining the projects and deliverables
· You maintain a close collaborative working relationship with BP&S organization (internal IT), that provides Finning Digital with infrastructure, data security and other technical services
· You facilitate required regular governance with all above mentioned parties and other Internal and external stakeholders
· You act as a critical interface to external SW vendors and subcontractors in ensuring their work is managed and integrated tightly to serve Finning’s business needs and commitments
· You are able to jump in to work with the development team in solving technical challenges and architecture questions and while doing so, coaching and raising the bar for the developers
· You participate in collaboration and integration projects with Caterpillar, other partners and customers where required since many of Finning Digital’s systems and deliverables will increasingly integrate with other 3rd party systems and services
· You create strategies and take an active leadership role in internal capability build-up of SW development and systems integration teams.
· You collaborate closely with global and regional program management functions in ensuring Finning Digital’s deliverables will seamlessly be adopted and launched
· You keep in touch with industry trends, new products and services; working closely with partners and customers and other Finning employees to identify additional value opportunities to grow the business and represent them in solution development discussions
Who You Are:
· You’re an experienced SW development and program management professional, with proven skills at managing complex technical projects from cradle to grave
· You have excellent consultative communication, presentation and persuasion skills
· You have 10+ years of successful and proven product development experience – preferably in telecoms and cloud services and in a global environment
· You have Hands-on experience in full lifecycle management of complex SW projects
· You have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of engineering
· You understand SW development realities, deployment and infrastructure challenges and have an exceptional ability to communicate and simplify complex situations and create recovery plans and actions as needed
· You’re technology savvy; understanding and employing concepts like IoT, SaaS, Big Data, and Analytics
· You build respect-based relationships quickly, and invest in growing and maintaining a personal/professional network
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.Posted: Jun 16, 2017