Security Systems Engineer
Today, we are looking for a System Security Engineer to join our talented team. This is a rare opportunity to work with highly experienced, driven professionals and cutting edge technology on a platform with unparalleled,challenging scale. If you enjoy regular lunch outings, retro video game nights and daily trivia, this is the team for you.
So, what will you do?
We are looking for an exceptional system security engineer - with strong windows server and Linux experience - who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
You will help increase our information security posture in an appropriate manner, suitable for our culture and business risk. This will include protecting system boundaries and corporate data, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and actively participating in an evolving incident response life-cycle.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Background in security or systems engineering
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Familiarity with PCI and SOX auditing practices with strong ethics and high level of integrity
- In-depth knowledge of windows server environments
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Comfort supporting a mixed Windows and OSX end-user environment
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server and comfortable with automating tasks in a MS SQL Server DB environment
- Familiarity with web-related technologies and network protocols
- Able to identify and define system security requirements
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices (e.g., IDS, FIM, SIEM, WAF, Firewalls, etc.)
- Analysis of output for infrastructure security systems, such as carbon black and Nexpose
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Communicate and respond with the technical and management teams during security incidents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and in a team environment
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Research, testing, and deployment of additional security processes and products
- Stay current with new threats and exploits and assist in adjusting the company's security posture accordingly.
At PlentyOfFish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At PlentyOfFish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.Posted: Jun 16, 2017